Monday, April 21, 2008

Miracle



"You put a picture of one of your kids sleeping on the internet? That just seems wrong somehow, dude."

" "

"So you go into your kid's room in the middle of the night, turn on all the lights and throw off his covers???"

"So I go into his room late in the evening to cram his clean laundry back into his dresser and I turn around and there, in the glow of the nightlight, he is, in exactly that position."

"So you're all like 'dude, I've gotta get my camera'?"

"I'm standing there thinking: 'this beautiful boy came thousands of miles, over mountains of paperwork, through two hulking bureaucracies to a place he didn't know or choose, and instantly changed us from a couple to a family. He has no clue what he has done for us, and I owe him a debt I can only try, and fail, to repay every single day until I die."

" "

"And then I'm all like 'dude, I've gotta get my camera!'"

No comments: