Thursday, March 4, 2021

 


In the first picture,
Emily North
and I are midway through the Seagull Century. We'd been married 8 months, almost to the day. Known each other less than 2 years. I was working for Trek Bicycle but I was too cheap to actually buy a tandem bike. Instead, possibly with some inside help from
Lester Binegar
, I found a bare frame in the Trek factory and picked all the parts from the closeout/discount parts list Trek had. Em and I built the beast together, in the basement of the place I was living in DC. Voila, less expensive tandem. Second picture shows it at our wedding, right at the front of the sanctuary. We even had waterbottles printed with a drawing of us riding it that everyone at our wedding got, third picture. Want a really good test of a young relationship? Ride 100 miles together on a tandem bicycle. Still have this bike, still ride it, still married!




No comments: